Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Busy as a Bee

My, my, my. Its been awhile! I didn't realize it had been so long since I had posted! A lot has happened since my last post. CJ is getting bigger and smarter every day! I swear sometimes it sounds like he is saying his uncle "A"'s name (my soon to be 9 yr old brother that lives next door) whenever he wants A to pay him attention or wants to go see him! And its not just me! Other people have said thats what it sounds like he is saying! :-) And of course I just smile and say that I was blessed with a little genius. :-) He is trying to turn over and has ALMOST successfully done it twice! :-) It won't be long.



My step-dad had a birthday since I've been gone. Happy belated birthday Grandpa! :-) We had a wonderful birthday dinner of baked tilapia yummy! Here is the candy bouquet I made for his birthday.


For July 4th we had a little cookout. And I made these yummy little cupcakes. I used boxed cake mix and canned icing but I was proud of them anyway. lol I did however make the sprinkles by adding a bit of blue food coloring to some regular sugar.





Last night I was able to sit down and do a bit of sewing. So I tried my hand at cloth diapers. The blue one is the first one. I forgot to leave an opening to turn it right side out though. :-) The black one I made from an old tee shirt. It turned out much much better only too small. Oh well. They were practices anyway. Neither have snaps or lining I just wanted to practice. I also made a ring sling. :-) It turned out better than I imagined it would and I was able to see things I need to change.
















Also while I was away I had a wonderful playdate with my new Attachment Parenting mommy group that I found on the internet through MDC (mothering.com) Even though CJ is too little to actually play it was great to have some time with other moms, especially the ones with babes around CJ's age.



I know I'm forgetting a ton of stuff but I need to go.






More to come, and Happy birthday me! :-)






No comments: