Tuesday, June 17, 2008

No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

This is one of my favorite recipes so I thought I would repost it.

These cookies are soooo yummy!! And because of the oats, they are wonderful for nursing moms as well.

2 cup sugar
1/2c milk
1/2c cocoa
one stick of butter
1/2c Peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
3 cups of oats


Put the first four ingredients in a pot, bring to a boil add the pb and vanilla, let boil one minute. Remove from the heat and stir in the oats. Spoon onto a cookie sheet adn let cool (or eat hot out of bowl if you are impatient like me ) I know that you can make them without PB but would have to tweak it. I usually use less sugar ( 1 cup or so) and sub some of the butter for coconut oil but not all or it is too overpowering. I have tried all sorts of different ratios just to find what I like and to try and reduce the sugar. You can also sub some butter for extra PB if you want. If you like them soft just leave them out or put them in the fridge to make them a bit harder! I like that I can get all of the ingredients oganic and they are so fast to make so if I have a sweet craving I don't have to give in to the temptation of peanut M&M's


*MrsB's Notes: I added a dash of cinnamon and spread it out in a pan to make bar cookies instead of dropping them on the pan.


Enjoy!
~Mrs B

1 comment:

The Hamilton's said...

MMMM........these are my faves!! An easy quick fix when you are NEED of chocolate too!!! ;)