Thursday, June 19, 2008

Tilapia

One of my husband's favorite things is Tilapia. I don't mind it so much either because it is easy to prepare and it doesn't take long to cook. Plus I can usually get a package of Tilapia for under $4 and get 2 meals from it (4-5 pieces of tilapia in each bag)
I bought a package of Tilapia yesterday so I thought I would share one of our favorite recipes.

Southwest Style Tilapia

3/4 lb tilapia filets (2-3 pieces)
1/4c parmesan cheese, shredded
1/8c yellow cornmeal
1TBS flour
1/2tea paprika
1/4tsp black pepper
olive oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Combine dry ingredients in a dish.
Bread fish in dry ingredients.
Coat bottom of baking dish with olive oil and place fish in it.
Sprinkle the remaining dry ingredients over fish.
Bake for 15-20 minutes or until done.

I like to serve this with cornbread and stewed potatoes.

~Mrs B

1 comment:

Jami said...

I love Tilapia! I wish Daddy could find some made in the US so we can start eating it again. *YUMMY*

I love your header! I love how you put them together! You used my favorite photo as the background, awesome!

Say hey to Little Mister for me! Oh and a kiss!

Love ya sis!
Jami